Sharebuilder is offering a $50 bonus to investors who open an IRA with the brokerage firm by April 15, 2012. Check below for offer details: (Source: Sharebuilder)
In order to be eligible for the $50 bonus, investors need to:
1) Open a new Sharebuilder IRA account
2) Use promotional code “SPECIAL50”
3) Fund it with $5,000
4) Do this by April 15, 2013
5) The money will be deposited in your IRA account within 60 days of completing steps 1) – 4) by the deadline
Sharebuilder has low commissions to buy shares with $4 automatic trades If you want to Sell Shares however, you have to pay $9.95 for a real time trade. For more information on this brokerage bonus deal, check out Sharebuilder’s promo page from this link.
ING Direct is offering a $25 cash bonus to new customers who open an account with the financial institution. ( Source: ING Direct)
In order to qualify, simply open a savings account with ING Direct, and link it to your existing checking account. Use offer code OSASB113. the $25 will be deposited in your account within 30 days of opening. According to the ING website, savers can earn up to 0.75%/annually on account balances of $10,000.
For more information on this cash savings deal, check out the promo page from this link.
Capital One has a limited time promotion for new small business clients, who open an account with the bank by April 30, 2013. Check offer below for more details: (Source: Capital One)
In order to qualify for this offer, you need to follow these steps:
1. Open a Capital One Business Checking* account
2. Deposit at least $3,000 within 30 days of account opening and make one online payment.
3. Enjoy a $300 credit to your business checking account.
In addition to depositing $3000 within 30 days, you also need to set-up one online bill pay in order to qualify. You also need to pay it as well. The credit will be posted to the account within 10 -12 weeks after you qualify for the deal. For more information on this bank bonus deal, check out Capital One’s promo page from this link.
In this low interest environment every dollar counts. That is why I like applying for checking accounts simply for the bank bonuses, in order to generate some extra money off my investment capital. Interest rates on savings and checking accounts were much higher just prior to the financial crisis in 2007. Term deposit rates are down significantly as well. Unfortunately, with the Federal Reserve easing interest rates to almost nothing, investors are earning almost nothing in interest from savings and checking accounts. Retirees, who used to rely on CD Rates in the 4% – 5% range just a few short year ago, are seeing CD Rates decrease to very low amounts indeed. The low interest rates are barely sufficient to cover inflation. As a result, money is losing purchasing power due to current inflation. If inflation increases as a result of the money printing by the US Federal Reserve, then any investment in fixed income would produce negative real returns. In fact, the Federal Reserve has maintained a policy of keeping interest rates low at least until 2015. This means that interest rates on treasury bonds, and other fixed income instruments are probably going to go even lower, judging by the trend since 2008. Some savers find it best to actually obtain home loans at current low interest rates. Since term deposits are not yielding much, fixed rate home loans seem like a good investment idea.
Unfortunately, since many banks accepted TARP payments in 2008, they have reduced the number of bank bonus deals. As a result, it is getting particularly difficult to find decent bank bonus deals in the market. Luckily I have been able to scour the major banks, and find some deals as of recently. In addition, given the fact that many of these banks are becoming profitable again, they would likely increase the amount of bank bonus deals in the market. Hopefully, as the economy rebounds in the near future, interest rates will increase. This would mean that for retirees relying on fixed income, CD Rates are going to increase, and they would once again be able to live off the interest. Some of the interest rates that financial institutions like Discover offer on five year Certificates of Deposit are higher than even five year United States Treasury Bonds.
Until then however, retirees still need to be able to generate some amount of interest income. As a result, their best bet would be to focus on the companies offering the best interest rates in the marketplace. Focusing on interest rates above the national averages would be the safest bet. Of course, in order to maintain principal, retirees need to be mindful of the FDIC deposit insurance limits of $250,000 per bank.
Chase is offering a $200 bonus to new clients who open their checking account. However, in order to obtain this bonus, one needs to be able to get the special bonus coupon for this offer. If you look over at Ebay, there has been a very active secondary market for this promotional deal. And why wouldn’t it? If you can purchase the ability to earn $200, for just a fraction of it, why wouldn’t you? ( unless of course you are already a Chase customer)
Make sure you read the seller’s posts carefully since you want the Total Checking Coupon only! Total checking coupons have easier requirements to get the bonus money and keep the account free.
Check this EBAY feed at this link.
If you don’t want to buy a Chase coupon code, you can visit this $125 Chase bonus post to request for a coupon code.
Bank of America is offering a $100 cash bonus to new checking customers who open an account with the bank by December 31, 2012. For more information on this bank bonus deal, check offer details below:(Source: Bank of America)
To get your personal checking account and a $100 bonus, just follow the steps below:
– Fill out our easy online application using Offer Code BAW100.
– Set up and receive a qualifying Direct Deposit into your new checking account within 90 days of account opening. Learn how to set up Direct Deposit. Link opens in a new window. Learn how.
– After you complete these steps and we determine your account is eligible, we’ll deposit $100 into your new checking account.
For more information on this cash bonus deal, check out Bank of America promo page from this link.
Citibank is offering a $100 bank bonus promotion for new customers who open an account with the bank by February 28, 2013. Check offer details below for more information: (Source: Citibank)
– Open a new Regular Checking account in The Citigold Account Package
– Within 45 days after the account opening, complete one (1) direct deposit and one (1) qualifying bill payment for two (2) consecutive months
– The $1,000 qualifying deposits must be in funds not currently held at Citibank or its affiliates
– Your checking account in The Citigold or Citibank Account Package must be open and in good standing at the time the bonus payment is made to your checking account.
For more information on this bank bonus deal, check out Citibank promo page from this link.
Regions Bank is offering a $125 cash bonus to new customers who open a checking account with the bank. Check offer below for more details: (Source: Regions)
In order to qualify for this promotion do the following steps:
1) Open a LifeGreen Checking account online using promo code 125
2) Make 10 Visa® CheckCard transactions within 60 days
3) Have direct deposits totaling $500 or more
For more information on this bank bonus deal, check out Regions Bank promo page from this link.
ING Direct has a limited time offer for new clients who open a checking account with the bank. Check offer below for more details: ( Source: ING Direct)
– Click on ‘Apply Now.’
– Open Electric Orange and make a total of 3 Card purchases or Person2Person Payments (or any combo of the two) within 45 days of account opening.
– Your $50 bonus will automatically be deposited into your account on day 50.
The checking account is accessible through 35,000 ATM’s in the US, Free Online Bill Pay, ability to deposit checks using their mobile app or your computer. There are no fees, and the interest rates are decent in the current low yield interest rate environment.
For more information on this bank bonus deal, check out ING Direct’s promo page from this link.
Key Bank is offering a $150 cash bonus to new account holders in select states who open an account with the bank by November 2, 2012. Check offer below for more details: (Source: Key Bank)
– Offer available only for new customers in the following states: AK, CO, CT, ID, IN, KY, ME, MI, NY, OH, OR, UT, VT, and WA.
– Open a qualifying KeyBank checking account online and enter offer code ONFT1012 by November 2, 2012,
– Make at least 30 payments and/or purchases within 3 months of account opening, plus
– Make 3 direct deposits each of $500 or more within 3 months of account opening.
For more information on this bank bonus deal, check out Key Bank’s promo page from this link.